Hello BTB 13AAA parents and players,
This email has a lot of information. Please read carefully and fill out the waiver attached and return to me before practice Tuesday. Your son cannot practice without the waiver at this time.
I have completed the schedule for the next two weeks. Practices will be from 6:30 to 8PM on the dates listed below. The boys can choose to stay until 8:30 for some additional batting practice as there are no activities scheduled on the field after us. The first practice is omitted from this and will end at 8 pm due to our desire to have a parent meeting. See below.
The schedule has been entered on the BTB website. Make sure you are signed up for notifications so you can view the schedule and any changes. The situation with the season and playing games is fluid. There is another meeting on Tuesday where the BTB board hopes to obtain additional information. I thank you all for your patience and understanding during this unique time.
Prior to the first practice please speak with your son to determine:
1. What are their top 2 positions they want to work on for the upcoming season, and
2. Do they have an interest in pitching?
Please respond to my email address with the answers, or have your boy be prepared to answer that on the first practice night.
We are going to be having pods/groups during practice. We will have 3 pods at a time, one with infielders, one with outfielders, and one with pitchers and catchers. This will help keep everyone as distanced as possible as indicated by the BTB.
We are also required to provide a parent monitor for each practice to help to ensure we are doing our best to socially distance ourselves. I will be looking for a monitor. We can switch this up daily.
Here is our schedule for the next two weeks. I hope you all can make most or all of these practices.
June 2, 5, 8, 12, 14 - Neill Park Field #2 from 6:30-8:00
June 3 & 10 - Warren Butler Field #4 from 6:30-8:00
There will be a short parent meeting after the first practice, so please stick around to find out some more info about the team and season expectations. Please feel free to reach out and call me anytime with any questions or concerns @ 651-425-0120.
Below is an email you should have received from BTB last week sometime.
We wanted to provide another update for the 2020 Season. Last week the governor announced some updated guidance and recommendations when it comes to Youth Sports Organizations. As of June 1st, teams may begin practicing together as long as they follow the safety guidelines put out by the MN Dept. of Health. The specific guidelines can be found on their website, but attached is the BAC specific guidelines for Burnsville Associations. Our BTB teams will be able to begin practice on our fields effective June 1. One team on a field at a time, no more than 3 pods (stations) of ten players, and no parents/spectators allowed to stay at practice.
We realize there has been some time between our communications. The Coalition (MBL, MYAS, and MN Softball) will often publicly announce the plans they are submitting to Gov. Walz office before these plans have been accepted and signed off on. Though we are thankful for their efforts, and hope they are successful in their mission, we cannot proceed with any changes to our season until we receive approval from the governor’s office and BAC. In an effort to prevent chasing our tail on the information communication front, we try to wait until we have the whole scoop before sending out an update. Aside from the state, we also need to gain permission from BAC, City of Burnsville, and City of Savage before holding any BTB activities.
This update is no different. There was a meeting scheduled for yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon between the coalition and state officials. This meeting was postponed to this afternoon at 3 pm. We were hoping to hear an update on a potential pathway to games being played, and a target date the state would agree on. Unfortunately, the state is not in a position to agree to a date to begin games at this time.
We will be reaching out to our coaches, and having an outdoor coach’s meeting later this week. At that meeting we will review our safety plan, and discuss best safety practices for our teams. Your coach will be reaching out soon regarding practices for next week.
***Attached you will find a BAC waiver that needs to be signed and submitted to your player’s coach before they’re allowed to participate in practice. ***
We hope you found this message to be useful. However, if you'd rather not receive future e-mails from us, please click here to unsubscribe
Type mismatch Type mismatch